Here's a picture of the fabric, isn't it nice? I love the swirling vine pattern and the textured, woven look of the linen fabric.
I first measured the fabric to fit the kitchen windows, making sure to account for seams. I used my handy-dandy no-sew tape from Joann's to make the seams as previously mentioned here. I decided to hang the curtains with a curtain rod, rather than do something like roman shades for the kitchen, 1) because that's a lot easier! and 2) since we have plants on the window sill I thought it might be a hassle closing shades every night. So I bought a curtain rod and curtain rings with clips from Target in an oil-rubbed bronze finish. Brian helped me with hanging the curtain rod as I made sure things were level and decided where I wanted the curtains to hang to.
Here's a picture of the windows in the kitchen before the new curtains:
And here we have the new curtains!
And closed for privacy:
I really love the pop of color they add to the kitchen and I'm so glad I can finally cross kitchen curtains off my to-do list!