When I replaced the stand with my black trunk (more about that in this post) I decided to move it into the dining room to set one of my house plants on. I primed it to cover up the red, then painted it a cheerful yellow. My plant was also in need of a larger pot so I transplanted the plant and added a bit of new soil. And here you can see how everything looks:
My poor "Angel Wing" begonia looks a bit scrawny but hopefully now that it's roots have room to grow it will be much happier and flower again. It has the prettiest leaves, they are a dark green with silver spots on the top side and a pinkish underside. Here you can see a closer picture of the "angel wing" leaves:
It's really lovely, I've never seen the silver pigment before on a plant!
And here's a closer picture of my new pot and the painted stand:
So that's all I've had time to fit in so far this week. Brian and I have tried to tackle the yard some too but I will wait until we have better progress pictures to show before I post about that :o)