Well, I had the intent to make a pillow but after I got through the first few steps I thought maybe I'd just make it a wall hanging and not worry about the sewing part!
So, I basically followed the guidelines she had on her post. I really loved the font she used so I found a similar one online, found the lyrics I wanted, enlarged the font to what I needed, printed it out, then cut and taped it to the right dimensions for my fabric:
I didn't have a fancy light box like the one she had on her blog, so I used the old "hold it up to a window" method to trace the lyrics onto the fabric with a pencil. I then chose a fabric paint in "midnight blue" and got to work painting the lyrics. I don't know if it is just me, but this took me quite a while!
And here's the finished product, it almost looks like embroidery:
I then stuck it in a frame and hung it on the wall over our bed. Here you can see it flanked by two black and white photos of us.
Here's closer up:
And another angle :o)
So there you have it. Our bedroom is finally coming together!